President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection
The PCCIP Report
Section One: Report Summary
A brief summary of the Commission's report is available in two versions:
- The summary in HTML format for browsing, and
- The summary in Adobe Acrobat format (9 pages; 30k in size).
Section Two: The Report of the President's Commission
Purchasing a Bound Copy of the Report
Hard copies of Critical Foundations: Protecting America's Infrastructures, the report of the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection, are available for purchase from the United States Government Printing Office. Details on purchasing a copy of the report are available on another page at this site.
Downloading the Report in Electronic Format
The President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection is pleased to make its report, Critical Foundations: Protecting America's Infrastructures, available to the public on its World Wide Web site.
The report is being distributed in Adobe Acrobat files; Acrobat Portable Document Format enables you to view or print a document which exactly mirrors the hard copy Commission report.*
The Entire Report in One File
The Commission's report is available in a single Acrobat file. This document is 192 pages in length, and the file is approximately one megabyte in size. Due to the size of this file, we suggest you download it to your own computer for local use rather than attempting to read it over the Web. We have prepared a few hints on
downloading files using your Web browser if you are not sure how to do this.
The Report in Smaller Sections
Alternately, you may browse or download the Commission's report in smaller, more manageable pieces. We have split the report into five separate files; the table below serves as a guide to their contents.
|File||Size||Contents of the File|
Table of Contents
|Part One: The Case for Action
- Chapter One: Acting Now to Protect the Future
- Chapter Two: The New Geography
- Chapter Three: New Vulnerabilities, Shared Threats, Shared Responsibility
- Chapter Four: Findings and Policy
|Part Two: A Strategy for Action
- Chapter Five: Establishing the Partnership
- Chapter Six: Building the Partnership
- Chapter Seven: Structuring the Partnership
- Chapter Eight: Report on Awareness and Education
- Chapter Nine: Leading by Example
- Chapter Ten: Legal Initiatives
- Chapter Eleven: Research and Development
- Chapter Twelve: Implementation Strategy
|Appendix A: Sector Summary Reports|
|Appendix B: Glossary|
*If you experience difficulty accessing these files, please see
our help sheet on Acrobat files.