Right on target

8. Under these circumstances, you are not required to report foreign travel to your security office. If you are traveling on business, however, it is often advisable to do so. Your security office can provide the latest State Department advisories on hazardous conditions, give you general information on travel risks, and identify any known security concerns regarding the areas where you will be travelling or organizations you will be dealing with.

If you are approved for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or a Special Access Program, you must report both personal and business foreign travel to your security office, well in advance of your departure if possible.

Related topic: Self-Reporting on Your Personal Activities.