||CALL Newsletter 03-18
Synchronizing IO Plans and Operations
With Division Plans and Operations
Figure 1 below is a graphic illustration of the SFOR 11 IO problem set operational rhythm process. The process is based on a complete circle concept and is composed of the following steps:
- Identify a problem set.
- Develop the problem set in IO plans.
- Generate a target synchronization matrix (TSM).
- Conduct a targeting meeting (develop an IMPIN or update a TSM).
- Review current TSMs.
- Review the IO synchronization matrix (key to IOWG).
- Develop IO tasks for the week.
- Conduct an IO huddle at the beginning of the week to disseminate the tasks.
- Conduct an IOWG to deconflict targeting issues, review the IO assessments, and update the problem set TSMs.
- Update both the IO synchronization matrix and the G3 future operations planning synchronization matrix (CGs brief).
- Brief the CG daily in the division BUB and provide him with targeting assessments.
Figure 1. Operational Rhythm
Table of Contents | Foreword | Chap 1 | Chap 2 | Chap 3 | Chap 4 | Chap 5 | Chap 6 | Chap 7 | Chap 8 | Chap 9